The World Famous
Brighton Speed Trials
The BHMC is best known as the organiser of the Brighton Speed Trials. The Speed Trials started in 1905 making it the longest-running motorsport event in the world!
Since the early 1920's we were known as the Brighton and Hove Motor Cycle and Light Car Club. The Motor Cycle interests were split off in 1932 and the Brighton and Hove Motor Club came into being.
We moved into the arches under Dukes Mound on the seafront at Brighton in 1948 where we have remained ever since.
Our Committee, Bar and Snooker rooms are open to club members every Wednesday from 8pm until 11pm. Non-members - feel free to come down and say hello, and bring your interesting car to break the ice!
The Club also runs other activities during the year including:
- A trip to the Autosport Show in January.
- The Spring Jolly - a trip out with club members, centred around cars or motorsport.
- The Goodwood Sprints in May & August.
- The Concours and Classic Car Show, held in Hove Park.
- The Annual Dinner Dance in December.
Events in 2018
Bailey Goodwood Sprint
5th May 2018
Brighton Bed Centre
3rd June 2018
Eagle Goodwood Sprint
4th Aug 2018
Frosts Brighton Speed Trials
1st Sept 2018